Our school uniform is intended to be both smart and practical for children to wear. We hope that it will make life easier for parents as well as giving the children a sense of identity with our school. We ask for parental co-operation in supporting us in encouraging the children to be tidy and appropriately dressed.
- School sweatshirt or cardigan embroidered with our school logo or plain navy jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan
- A white shirt or light blue polo shirt
- A striped school tie may be worn
- Grey ‘school style’ trousers
- Grey ‘school style’ shorts for warmer weather
- Girls may wish to wear a grey skirt or pinafore dress instead of trousers or shorts, or a light blue gingham ‘school style’ dress in the summer
- Black, brown or navy low heel shoes or sandals. These should be suitable for school wear and provide adequate support (not trainers, sling backs, or slip on, mule-style)
- Socks/tights to co-ordinate with the uniform
Please ensure all clothing is clearly named.
Children should not wear jewellery (necklaces, rings, brooches, earrings etc.) to school. Where earrings cannot be removed from pierced ears, only a small stud should be worn in the interests of safety and covered in tape for PE. We also ask that children do not wear make-up.
All hair accessories must be in school colours and hair styles, boys and girls, should be sensible.
PE & Forest School Kit:
One of the benefits that has come from the adaptions we had to make due to Covid-19, was the decision to wear PE Kit on PE days. This minimised the number of belongings coming into school, de-cluttered the learning environment, has been more hygienic for older pupils, and has resulted in increased learning time. We therefore decided the keep this routine in place permanently.
As a result, we have asked Monkhouse to produce us a new, Upton St Leonards PE top in light blue to match the colour of our school polo shirts. These are currently in production and should be available in the Autumn Term. In the meantime, we ask that children wear:
- Plain t shirt in light blue (colour to match that of our polo shirts)
- Plain PE style navy shorts
- Plain black daps or trainers for Years R to 2
- Trainers for Years 3 to 6
- Navy joggers for colder weather and Forest School
- Children should wear a crew neck school jumper over their t shirt in colder weather or for Forest School
All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly named.
- Pair of wellies to be left in school
- Waterproof all-in-one to be left in school
The following items of clothing can be purchased from the Monkhouse Schoolwear Centre shop in Northgate Street, Gloucester.
- Elasticated school ties
- Navy crew and v-neck sweatshirts
- Navy sweatshirt cardigans
- Sky blue polo shirts
- Reversible jackets
- PE t shirt
- PE bags
All are embroidered with the school logo.
Click here to view and order online
Secondhand uniform can also be purchased from our School PTA.
Although we have high expectations of our pupils' appearance, we are understanding in terms of offering support for those families that need it. If you need support in sourcing school uniform for your family, please contact our Inclusion Team who will be happy to help.
Your childs first school bag and water bottle will be kindly donated by our PTA.